Updated April 6th, 2022
Like many businesses, Long Island Skydiving Center (LISC) has strategies and procedures in place to mitigate the spread of Coronavirus. LISC will strive to follow federal, state, and local guidance on how to conduct our business with respect to limiting the spread of Covid-19. We value the health and safety of every student and team member.
LISC is taking CDC-recommended precautions to try to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Here’s how this might affect you.
We are encouraging team members and students to err on the side of caution as it relates to their health. If you feel sick, please reschedule your appointment by phone at (631)351-5867 or email email@example.com.
Please do not visit our location if you:
- Have any symptoms of COVID-19, including recently developed cough, fever, difficulty breathing, changes in smell or taste or fatigue (list is not all-inclusive);
- Have been in close contact with anyone known or suspected to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Have been instructed to self-quarantine or self-isolate by a health care provider, public health authority or government agency within the last 14 days; or
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
If your temperature reads 38°C (100.4°F) or higher upon arrival, you will be asked to immediately leave the building and to reschedule your appointment.
Below is a list of expectations for your skydive and time you will spend at our facility:
- Standard social distancing protocol of 6′ separation between people is optional.
- Facial covering (over mouth and nose) are optional.
- Every jumper must completely fill out and sign a Legal Release, Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement BEFORE arriving at our facilities.
- Increased hand sanitizer dispensers available.
- Standard social practices such as handshaking and high-fives in celebration of skydives have been discouraged.
- Aircraft and skydiving safety should never be sacrificed for coronavirus safety.
- At this time, the wearing of face masks is optional.
- No fist-bumping, high-fiving, handshaking or other unnecessary touching.
- Only staff and students with reservations are allowed. Spectators can stay in the parking area where they can still watch the skydives. Viewing along the fence line and the main terminal is also possible. The main terminal is open to the public should spectators need to use the restroom.
- Skydiving is a contact activity. By skydiving and being at LISC you assume the potential risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- No amount of care or caution can assure your protection. We have taken reasonable precautions to protect your health, but make no guarantees or representations. You must take your own precautions. If you cannot accept that risk, don’t skydive or be at Long Island Skydiving Center.
- As a condition of being here you agree that you are not ill and have not been knowingly exposed to COVID-19.
EVERY DAY CLEANING & OTHER PRECAUTIONS
- Goggles will be cleaned after each use with an alcohol solution. We encourage students to purchase their own goggles upon check in.
- In order to reduce the amount of shared equipment, we are not going to use jumpsuits or gloves for students.
- All team members will regularly wash and sanitize their hands and will encourage you to do the same.