Interested in skydiving in Brooklyn? Welcome to Long Island Skydiving Center!
Since opening in 2003, Long Island Skydiving Center has proven to be the number one Brooklyn skydiving destination. Located 60 miles east of New York City, Long Island Skydiving Center is the top choice for skydiving near Brooklyn, NY by locals and tourists alike.
Long Island Skydiving Center is conveniently located at the Brookhaven-Calabro Airport in Shirley, NY, and is the only Brooklyn skydiving center easily accessible by public transportation. You can reach us by the Long Island Rail Road, by subway, or by car – find directions to us here.
As a premier skydiving facility, Long Island Skydiving Center combines an ideal, picturesque location just minutes from the beach with the talent of some of the most experienced skydiving instructors in the industry. Because of our proximity to New York City, qualified, professional staff, and coastal views, we are consistently the #1 choice for skydiving in Brooklyn.
Ready for Brooklyn skydiving? Keep reading as we cover the information you need to know. If you cannot find the answer to your questions below, please contact us.
Skydiving Brooklyn, NY
Because of the spatial requirements of a skydiving facility and the need for designated airspace, there are only three primary skydiving centers offering Brooklyn skydiving: Long Island Skydiving Center, Skydive Sussex, and Skydive the Ranch.
See the table below for the locations and distances of the three Brooklyn skydiving operations.
|Brooklyn Skydiving Options
||Distance from NYC
|Long Island Skydiving Center
|Skydive the Ranch
In an age where time is money, the convenience of proximity cannot be underrated! While other Brooklyn skydiving options are each more than two hours away, the travel time to Long Island Skydiving Center is right around 90 minutes.
What Sets Long Island Skydiving Center Apart?
Not only does Long Island Skydiving Center have the least amount of travel time from Brooklyn, it is also the only Brooklyn skydiving facility located on the coast! Unlike other options for skydiving Brooklyn, our students experience spectacular vistas of the Long Island Sound and the Atlantic Ocean.
Sights on your skydive with Long Island Skydiving Center simply can’t be beat! As soon as you take off in the aircraft, you’ll be surrounded by breathtaking sea views. Throughout your flight to altitude, during your thrilling freefall, and when you fly peacefully beneath the parachute, you’ll have the opportunity to take in the rare aerial views of Mastic Beach, West Hampton Dunes, Fire Island, Water Island, and even the New York City skyline.
In addition to our unparalleled scenery, Long Island Skydiving Center is one of the only Brooklyn skydiving facilities which focus exclusively on tandem customers. As a tandem-only operation, our tandem customers receive our full attention. Additionally, because our business is not open to licensed skydivers, we don’t have to reserve seats on the aircraft for other jumpers. This allows us to expedite our customer wait times, as long as the weather cooperates.
All skydiving centers are not all created equal! Long Island Skydiving Center further sets itself apart with a commitment to safety. Our aircraft are meticulously maintained to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) standards; our skydiving equipment is state-of-the-art; and our jump staff is composed strictly of licensed professionals.
Though there are other options when it comes to skydiving in Brooklyn, Long Island Skydiving Center is the only skydiving facility around with an exclusive focus on tandem skydiving customer service.
First Jump: Prerequisites for Brooklyn Skydiving
- As mandated by the USPA (United States Parachute Association) and affirmed in our waivers, tandem skydivers must be at least 18 years of age to skydive. In order to participate, you will need to bring a valid, government-issued, photo ID as proof of your date of birth.
- Our weight limit is 225 lbs for people considered height-to-weight proportionate. If you are over 200 lbs, you will need to connect with us prior to making a reservation.
- Skydiving reservations should be made in advance. Walk-in customers are only accepted as space allows. Bookings can be made here.
- Every jumper must completely fill and sign a Legal Release, Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement and safety briefing BEFORE arriving at our facilities.
- The USPA mandates that all skydivers must have a minimum of 200 jumps prior to taking a camera into freefall. No outside cameras are permitted on your skydive due to safety reasons. There are no exceptions.
It’s Time To Skydive in Brooklyn, NY
What are you waiting for? Book your skydive online today!